I bought a book for a friend recently that covered this topic (which I can’t for the life of me find a link for!!) and became quite enamored with the notion.
If you could, what advice would you go back and tell your 16 year old self?
Oh there are so many things I would tell myself. Firstly, I would pluck those eyebrows. Wow. I’d also tell myself to hide those mustard coloured overalls from Mum so she wouldn’t be wearing them 15 years later.
So, while entertaining this fascination, I Facebooked the question and a friend followed suit so here is a collection of the responses to date… I haven’t attributed them to anyone, just because I don’t know the perimeters around this. I’ve loved the responses to date…
- Enjoy your hair
- Do NOT drink that bottle of black Sambucca
- I’d tell that punk to study and actually work hard!!! haha. and the secrets to getting girls to like you
- Stay away from Vanessa, she’s trouble
- I’d tell her to be strong, to be a survivor 🙂
- Shag ‘im honey! You know you wanna!
- No piercings, no tattoos, date a lot and travel overseas often
- Wear comfy shoes
- Dont eat m&ms and drink bourbon in an eating and drinking comp. Messy in many ways
- Don’t smoke, it doesn’t suit you, it makes you smell bad, and it will take you 14 years to quit
- Don’t be such a biatch to your family
- Matthew and David would really go for it. Oh, and you won’t go blind
- Wear the shortest skirts you can find NOW … it is all downhill from here …
- Just kiss her
- Let love in. And stop smoking
- Let loose it’ll all fall together
- Stop worrying: The world doesn’t care
- Dont smoke its hard to quit!!!
- Never doubt yourself. Stick with the dream
- Honesty always wins in the end
- Cool, isn’t
- Don’t sweat the small stuff, be good to your neighbours and reach for your dreams
- Give it up, if he hasn’t noticed you now, he isn’t going to
- AND stop sitting around reading magazines, do some work
- Pluck your eyebrows – they’re hideous
- Perming your fringe is not a good idea